Position Type: Contract
Salary Range: $65,000 - $70,000 plus super and commission
- Skills training at the company's expense
- Semi-annual KPI appraisal
- Profit-based commission with a company car and mobile phone
Award Classification: Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award 2010 [MA000010]
Award Category: C4 - Engineering Associate/Laboratory Technical Officer
ANZCO Code: 225411
Work Eligibility: Able to work in Australia with no restriction
Purpose of the position:
- Technical sales of complex automated manufacturing systems or turnkey systems such as Autobagger, Debagger, Palletiser, Depalletiser, Conveyor, Bottle Turner, Weld Cells, and Vision Systems.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and key personnel within customer companies.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and CAD layouts explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers
- Confer with customers, Operations Manager, Engineering Manager and Director to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Collaborate with the Director to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Plan and modify solutions to meet customer needs
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipment
- Recommend machinery and systems to customers, showing how changes will lower costs or increase production
- Help in researching and developing new products
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales related to robotic automation and machinery or account management role. Experience in automation or manufacturing industry preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with customers.
- Previous experience working as a sales engineer and client relationship.
- Ability to prepare 3D simulations, when required
- Ability to prepare 2D and 3D layouts
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to show previous experience in achieving the highest customer satisfaction & in-field support
- Ability to be an outstanding professional who can represent the business in a direct selling role to the most senior decision-makers
- Ability to develop business and drive new opportunities through innovative and technical sales techniques
- Ability to work as part of a management team and produce presentations to assist in sales and new business opportunities.
- Ability to work with AutoCAD, Solid Edge or any similar 2D/3D model software.
PERSONAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Proven ability to work independently and with others in a vibrant, team-orientated environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience, with the ability to accurately and effectively convey information to clients at all levels
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with the ability to manage and build relationships cross-culturally and at all levels, and rapidly establish rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a proactive and innovative approach to problem-solving
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and the ability to prioritise workloads with competing demands
- Strong work ethic with prioritisation, time-management and deadline achievement skills
- Willingness and ability to adapt to a constantly changing work environment including technological changes
- Be able to work with minimal supervision.
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and clients.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- ABB Robot programming
- Electrical Schematics
- PLC programming experience
- Solid Edge or Solid Works design experience
- AutoCAD design experience
- Reckon Accounts Hosted experience
- A current Australian Driver’s License
HOW TO APPLY?
- Submit cover letter, current resume, and a 1-minute video detailing why we should consider your job application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted directly